I am a friendly, empathetic, and approachable person, who enjoys the challenges of helping businesses meet their goals whilst aligning with their users’ needs and expectations.
I have over 20 years of experience working across different design disciplines in a variety of industries both B2B and B2C. I have worked in both private and public sectors, helping global giants, defining start-ups, helping mid-sized businesses achieve an ambition, or working to help drive efficiencies for government departments.
I come from the U.K but am based in Locarno, Switzerland. I am currently working on a contract basis for a Swiss-based digital agency, helping their International clients in the Middle East on a variety of short to mid-term projects.
I am happy to talk with anyone about potential projects they feel I may be able to bring value to, be it short or long term contracts.
- UX Methods: I have worked in agile and lean projects, or as the champion of UX helping teams through the process.
- Discovery: Facilitating workshops to align stakeholders, establish business vision, goals, deliverables, and expectations
- Research: Quantitative and qualitative, discovery workshops, moderated user research, remote user research, user journey mapping, defining personas, card sorting, focus groups, diary days, and un-moderated research methods
- Ideation: Pen and paper sketches, wireframing, prototyping in Sketch, Anima, InVision, or Axure, facilitating co-create workshops in Mural (remote) or in-person
- Validation: Usability testing interviews (moderated and un-moderated), remote usability testing using Microsoft Teams
- UI: Responsive web, mobile applications, and scalable enterprise systems. UI Patterns, assets, DSM, and stylesheets for development
- Presentation: Keynote playbacks and facilitating client workshops
- Software expertise: Sketch, Anima, InVision, Axure, Marvel, Mural, Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Dreamweaver) Jira, Trello, Key Note, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Certification: User Research, UX Foundation
UX Foundation course
UX Design and Implementation
User Research Foundation course
GDS (U.K Government) User research workshop
Advanced HTML & CSS
WordPress website design for development
Advanced PowerPoint: Creative Template Design/Animation
Tinext: Jan 2021 – Current
Position: Freelance Senior UX/UI Consultant
Capgemini: Nov 2019 – Dec 2020
Position: Senior UX/UI Consultant
NHS Health Education England: 2017 – Nov 2019
Position: UX/UI Designer
ETS: Jun 2014 – Oct 2017
Position: Senior Designer
Informa: 2013 – 2014
Position: Creative Digital Designer
UBM – United Business Media: 2010 – 2013
Position: Digital Art Editor
EMP: 2008 – 2010
Position: Graphic/Digital Designer
IDM PDG Co,.Ltd: 2004 – 2008
Position: Graphic Designer
Fragrance Oils (International) Ltd: 2000 – 2002
Position: Graphic Designer
References available on request
Education: 1990 – 2000
Stockport College of F.E & H.E (Manchester City College)
Higher National Diploma (HND) – Graphic Design
National Diploma – Design and Photography
Glossopdale Community College
A-level – Art and Design: A
A-level – Design Communication: B
9 GSCE’s level: A-C